Saturday, 21 July 2007


My shower head wasn't functioning the way it should so I decided to buy a new one. I went for a middle of the road one, which I usually do with everything I buy, and it cost me a little over £30.00. Dougy said he wasn't too impressed with it but when I went in tonight it was lovely compared to the little trickle of water from the old one. I was standing there thoroughly enjoying it when all of a sudden the water disappeared and was coming from the bottom of the shower box.......ugh...I am furious.....after buying a new shower head which will be no good to me now, I am probably going to have to have a whole new shower.......I absolutely hate wasting money. I will wrap my new shower head up and put it away safely until needed.
I just thought I would share this little trauma with you.


I have left this picture large so you can click on and scrutinize my work.
This fabric cost me £20.oo , I had the thread and buttons, and about 3 weeks work on and off. I still have some fabric left probably enough to make a cushion for the bed or something like that.
I have just clicked on to have a look at this magnified and the pocket doesn't look too good but that isn't a mistake it's my ironing I'm afraid.

All done and dusted

I haven't updated my blog for ages and anyone waiting to see the finished blouse, it has been washed and pressed ready to wear and it fits beautifully. I would have modelled it for you but that would be taking it a bit too far.

Making this up wasn't without it's problems though...if you read the posts below you can see in the photographs I have used a blue pen for marking, I have used theses pens for marking on numerous occasions and as soon as the garment enters water they disappear. Well I have washed this and they didn't disappear completely. I was absolutely mortified. The only thing I can think of is that I used detergent with my first wash, I should have used clear water first. It hasn't turned out too badly though because there is a pattern on the fabric and they don't show up too much. If you are going to use one of these pens for marking be very careful and rinse in clear water first to get rid of the markings and always test on a spare piece of fabric first. I certainly have learnt my lesson.

I am very happy with the finished garment, I have four of these blouses now, I think I may try a silky fabric next.....when, I don't know, I have a few alterations to make to other things and I have a few things to mend.