Sunday, 29 June 2008

Back to my sewing

I have had to have a break from my sewing as my daughter's work was getting behind so I have been helping for a few days. My trousers have been put to one side but over the last couple of days I have been working on them.

I am doing my waistband in a different way this time....this is Claire Shaeffer's couture method. As you can see the belt carriers are attached to the waist ( I altered the waistband so I attached the belt carriers to the garment instead of the waistband, as suggested by Ms. Shaeffer ). It is now ready to be top stitched and then lined on the inside. This method of attaching the waistband is very time consuming but I like it a lot.
After finishing the waisband I just have the hems to do and I'm finished them, I am going to make something with my coverstitch machine next, I haven't used it yet so I am looking forward to it.

This is the inside of the pocket and the hanging loops attached to the waistline.

I finished each end of the pocket and the end of the zip with a bartack....I really don't like to do this task because I can never get it right, but this time it didn't turn out too bad.

Friday, 20 June 2008


These are the blue Willow bears......cute aren't they lol lol.....These also come in a black and white image so they can be coloured to whatever takes your fancy
Can you remember these blue papers I spoke about them in an earlier post we have an addition to this download.

These are the co ordinating papers also available with the download.

This is Willow the pink bear and is available as a download as well as Willow the blue bear.

I have been busy helping my daughter this week as well as doing a little sewing.

Wednesday, 18 June 2008

Slow process

I wish I was a little bit quicker with my sewing, but I'm not so I will just have to put up with it. I also have a young dog and her and I enter competitions together.....she takes up a lot of my time with her training .....anyway back to my sewing.
Trousers half lined with silk organza.....I used the selvage instead of taking up a hem.

My pockets are almost finished, I have them to topstitch and stitch a bar tack at each end.

I topstitched my zip with topstitching thread.

This is my zip facing which I just pinked instead of overlocking, it looks alright and saved me a little bit of time.