This is the underside of the pocket.....the lining is polyester charmeuse, originally I was going to make some lingerie out of this fabric, then I was going to make a blouse out of it now it is lining my white trousers. It is a little bit shiny for a blouse and I don't think I would wear it.
This is the finished welt...the tab is too long in my opinion and the corners are still not square...I can take a few stitches out and shorten the tab, that won't be a problem.....I didn't practise this welt on this fabric, maybe I should have.
These are my beige coloured cotton and linen trousers that I made last year. I have always thought that I took pride in my sewing and finished off my work to the best of my ability......when I saw this split I was a little bit taken aback because I thought My seams wouldn't come undone.....ha......look at the split in my trousers.