I haven't updated my blog for ages and anyone waiting to see the finished blouse, it has been washed and pressed ready to wear and it fits beautifully. I would have modelled it for you but that would be taking it a bit too far.
Making this up wasn't without it's problems though...if you read the posts below you can see in the photographs I have used a blue pen for marking, I have used theses pens for marking on numerous occasions and as soon as the garment enters water they disappear. Well I have washed this and they didn't disappear completely. I was absolutely mortified. The only thing I can think of is that I used detergent with my first wash, I should have used clear water first. It hasn't turned out too badly though because there is a pattern on the fabric and they don't show up too much. If you are going to use one of these pens for marking be very careful and rinse in clear water first to get rid of the markings and always test on a spare piece of fabric first. I certainly have learnt my lesson.
I am very happy with the finished garment, I have four of these blouses now, I think I may try a silky fabric next.....when, I don't know, I have a few alterations to make to other things and I have a few things to mend.