Well I have finished the muslin for my trousers, it wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be, I have just taken my time and worked my way through the fitting process.
I am quite pleased with the fit although I had to make quite a few alterations to the muslin. The legs on the trousers were really wide so I measured a pair of ready to wear trousers that I liked and tapered these ones to the same width.
I have sat down , bent down and generally moved around with these practise trousers on and they seem fine. They seem to be sticking to my bum in the rear view, oh dear! it's where I've been sitting lol lol lol lol lol
I have chosen to do them in a navy, wool and polyester mix, they will also be lined with side pockets. I have to transfer all of the alterations I have made onto my pattern , then pre shrink my fabric, straighten the grain and wash and press the lining. Only after I have done all of that can I start sewing.
I may have to put them on hold for a couple of weeks because I am going to a chritsening and I could do with a new blouse so I will probably make that first, the same as the one below only in a floaty material.