Sunday 3 May 2009

White trousers

I have started my white trousers by making the welt pocket first.......I am still not confident making these pockets and am constantly following Ann Rowley's instructions. The picture above is the inside of the welt pocket, I like to pink the edges rather than overcast so as not to leave an imprint on the right side.
This is the underside of the pocket.....the lining is polyester charmeuse, originally I was going to make some lingerie out of this fabric, then I was going to make a blouse out of it now it is lining my white trousers. It is a little bit shiny for a blouse and I don't think I would wear it.

This is the finished welt...the tab is too long in my opinion and the corners are still not square...I can take a few stitches out and shorten the tab, that won't be a problem.....I didn't practise this welt on this fabric, maybe I should have.


These are my beige coloured cotton and linen trousers that I made last year. I have always thought that I took pride in my sewing and finished off my work to the best of my ability......when I saw this split I was a little bit taken aback because I thought My seams wouldn't come undone.....ha......look at the split in my trousers.

I have mended the seam this morning....when sewing the crotch seam the instructions tell you to stitch the seam and then stitch again 1/4" away.....I have sewn the seam again with a lightening stitch for a little added stretch then overcast it.....hopefully it won't come undone again.

1 comment:

myartistry said...

Hi,
Thanks for sharing your project :) I was wondering how you went about learning to alter patterns. I'm not even sure if I have the patience for it! Like many my shape is quite hard to fit RTW.

Warmly,
Carol