Saturday 16 June 2007

Shape

I don't know if anyone can tell by my photograph but I am a funny old shape.........I find it really difficult to find a shirt that fits me comfortably......I am not very keen on collars, they make my neck ache, I don't know why. So I have a favourite shirt pattern that I make my shirts out of, it is a simple round neck with 3/4 sleeves with a slit, a pocket and front fastening. It took me ages to fit this pattern to my shape but once I got it right I can just cut out and make up, I can also put a collar on this shirt because it fits me comfortably.
The reason I am telling you this is because I went into L. Ashley today as you do when you are shopping and I found some lovely cotton fabric that they used made up as a child's duvet cover, well I thought this fabric would make one of my shirts. I bought 2 metres and as it shrinks when you first wash it, I asked the assistant to check for me, I will wash it first, straighten the grain and press it then I will be ready to cut out, mark it and sew. It isn't as quick and easy as that but I am ready for a new one, I already have 3 of these shirts a pink cotton one, a white linen one and a beige linen one. I also have some pale lemon fabric to make another one. When I have washed and pressed the fabric I will take a photograph of it with the pattern.

No comments: