Tuesday 11 September 2007

Thread tracing

I have cut my trousers out and started to thread trace. I have marked the darts with chalk and tacks. I am going to try and make these trousers very tailored so I am reading up on the techniques.
I haven't made any really tailored clothes .......such as suits and jackets, so I am going to give it a try, I always stick to safe things that I know I can manage, I pushed the bounderies with the chiffon blouse I made, it was tricky sewing that fabric but I like the results and it boosts your confidence when you have tried something new.
This fabric is a fine wool in dark navy blue, I generally go for a natural fibre with a bit of synthetic........I think this has a little bit of lycra in it.......which means it has stretch.
I got it for £4 a metre and was told it was fabric that is used by m&s, so I thought that can't be bad m&s use good fabric. We will see how they turn out.



No comments: