Thursday 25 March 2010

Interfacings


I have been trying different interfacings for my blouse......I have always, always used a light weight iron on interfacing for blouses but after reading David Coffin's shirtmaking book I have decided to try different natural fibres for interfacing.
In the picture above you are instructed to stay the neck edge because the v is on the bias.....I have used cotton organza .......I just pinked a strip of organza on the grain instead of using the selvage which wasn't wide enough.
Here are more of my interfacings.....on the bottom is bleached soft muslin for the fronts, then a strip of organza for the front neck stay and I think I will also use organza for the cuffs because I want something a little bit more substantial than the muslin. As you can see from the cuff above I have marked all my pieces and at last I am ready to do some sewing.

Here is little Miss Poser, she just loves the camera......I just have to tell her to sit and she will sit forever as long as she is the centre of attention she is one happy little dog.

Another one......she was still sitting there .......I had to walk away so she would follow me otherwise she would be there all day.

No comments: