Saturday, 17 April 2010

Flowered shirt

I have cut out my flowered shirt and marked it all.......I hate transferring markings with a passion. I know this is one of the most important tasks in sewing especially thread tracing, it helps me so much but I really hate doing it so I do it in small increments. I make sure all the preparation is done altogether cutting, marking, choosing and cutting interfacing and thread and button choice and it all takes so much time when you are impatient to get started sewing, it takes all of my willpower not to just jump in and start sewing on my machine.

I am a little disappointed with this fabric, it wasn't cheap but when I was making samples of different interfacings and I used some steam the dye came out of the fabric onto my ironing board. This has never happened to me before, if I had known what was going to happen I would have washed it another couple of times.....I washed it once......funnily enough the dye off the flowers hasn't come out onto the white backround of the fabric, I wonder if it is the heat and moisture together that is doing it. Anyway I am not going to waste it.

Above you can see the imprint on my ironing board cover from the fabric so I have covered my ironing board with some white sheeting while I make this shirt. I will definitely have to make another cover now.

I don't think I will get much sewing done for the next few months because we are having some home improvements done. Sigh, sigh.

No comments: